Dreams Do Come True

Few years back, I wrote in my bucket list post, my desire for my parents to travel abroad with me, especially my mother(nanay) who haven't been outside Philippines. Today, August of 2013, I am crossing this out from the list making it part of my been-there-done-that-items after my parents' four-full-day Singapore trip from August 6 - 12.  I am one happy daughter, seeing how delighted they are.

More than being able to visit the must-see tourist attractions here in Singapore, vacations become more meaningful when it is spent with the family. Travels with family is a valuable investment of time and love. One of the best avenue to nurture relationship, catch up lost time and bridge distance. Travel for me is ♥. To travel with my loved-ones is a dream come true.

Our first official day tour consists of visiting the Gardens by the Bay where you can find different array of flora in Flower Dome, man-made rainforest in Cloud Forest and the majestic Super Trees.


Day 1: Flower Dome

Day 1: Cloud Forest

Day 1: Gardens by the  Bay

Second day is another active and young at heart adventure for my folks. We get to visit Sentosa island and spend the entire day at the different attractions in Universal Studious Singapore.

Day 2: Universal Studios Singapore

Travels are made more meaningful when meeting up with family friends and relatives. We are blessed to have a handful of good friends and relatives who have a big heart to spend time with us and show us around. The whole day is not enough for chit chat, laughter and catching up.

Day 3: Meetups

Day 4: Meet ups

But if there's one best way to wrap up my folk's visit, that is having the privilege to attend Sunday worship service at BKK, Pasir Ris where we get to hear Sarah Balabagan's life testimony. She shared how God rescued her from death penalty as UAE law convicted her for killing her Arab employer acting as self-defence to an attempted rape way back in 1994. More essentially, she witnessed how God rescued her lost and weary soul, how God showed unconditional love she felt she don't deserve, how God gave her peace that transcends human understanding and hope for the future. Sarah was one grateful soul for the new life she has right now with her Saviour Jesus Christ.

Day 4: Sunday service
One fateful trip which I am carving in my heart and strings of memories. Something I could always look back and remember whenever homesickness kicks me in the side. Another ample source of encouragement for me not to give up on my dreams and aspirations in life. To be more hopeful. To travel more. To love more. To give more.

Comments

Popular Posts