2011 Praise Report :)

First, I thank God for the opportunity to share my praise report with our network and dgroup Christmas party yesterday at CCF.

I can't thank God enough this year for all His blessings, favor and reminders to me.

I got three items to share:

1. I remember last year 3 in my immediate family including me got hospitalized. September, 2010 when I was admitted for a suspected dengue it turned out it was an acute bronchitis. November, my tatay got stroked. December 24, my 2 year-old nephew was also confined and we spent Christmas in the pediatric ward. But this year I praise God for a healthy and safe year for me and my family.

2. Late last year until early quarter of this year I have the desire to leave my company and find job abroad for several reasons:
* most of my batchmates are leaving and I don't like the feeling of being left-behind
* I felt I needed a new environment, new challenges and in the back of my mind I felt I deserve a better paying job

So I asked God for direction, it was early February when I finished reading the first four books in the New Testament(Matthew, Mark, Luke and John) so I was thinking of either continuing to Acts or starting with the Old Testament(Genesis). Anyways I read Acts, and God led me to:

Acts 1:4 -- ... "Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift my Father promised, which you have heard me speak about."

No way! God knew this was the last thing I wanted to hear from Him that time because I really wanted to go. In my fear of reading more scripture regarding 'staying' I immediately turn my bible to Genesis and tried to justified it by telling God, 'Lord I really wanted to read naman talaga either Genesis or Acts eh, I think I'll go with Genesis muna' :D So off I started reading the Old Testament where God gave me:

Genesis 12:1-2 -- The LORD had said to Abram, "Go from your country, your people and your father’s household to the land I will show you. I will make you into a great nation, and I will bless you ..."

Bingo!!! This was just the perfect verse that I've been waiting for. At first I felt relief but deep in my heart I knew I don't have the peace. So again I asked God to speak to me one more time and promised Him not to run from it anymore. I continue reading Genesis then, where He led me to:

Genesis 26:3 -- Stay in this land for a while, and I will be with you and will bless you.

That moment I already knew what God want me to do and this time I didn't bargain with Him anymore.

I praise God on how He speaks to each one of us in a personal way and how He guides us on our decision-making. I am now on my 5th year in our company, I met new QA friends and I thank God for the opportunity to bless and encourage them in my own little way.

3. Finally I thank God for making me a part of His big work in B1G 7, an annual single's retreat hosted by CCF. It was my first time to facilitate in B1G so I had fears and apprehensions, and God knew if I can think of a reason not to facilitate I could have invented one. But God knew me too well and He knows perfectly how to encourage me. He continuously reassure me in His word through the book of Joshua:

Joshua 1:9 -- Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.”

Joshua 10:8 -- The LORD said to Joshua, “Do not be afraid of them; I have given them into your hand..."

Joshua 10:25 -- Joshua said to them, “Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Be strong and courageous..."

These words gave me courage and peace knowing that I've got God on my back and I'm doing His will for me. True enough when we obey God He will never disappoint us. In B1G, I met four beautiful ladies who encouraged me and together we learned how a perfect God loved us despite our imperfections and how He sacrificed to pursue us to be His children.

I was reminded by His word,

Philippians 4:13 -- I can do all this through him who gives me strength. 

To God be all the glory!!!

Comments

Popular Posts