My bucket list, before I kick it out :D

If you've watched "The Bucket List"(2007) movie starring Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman I'm sure you can relate to this.

This post is a testament of God's grace and faithfulness in my transitory pilgrimage here on earth. Before you continue reading, I just want to share this two potent quotes:
"An unexamined life is not worth living" by Socrates
"Evaluation is the mother of improvement" Anonymous
Pondering more here's a shortlist of my "to-do-things" hopefully I can accomplish by God's grace before I expire:

1. Have a deeper relationship with my Savior Jesus Christ
- Every year this has a been a prayer item for me because I have the tendency to be complacent with my faith and get distracted easily. I believe I'm still a work in progress.

2. Experience Christ with my family
- Praying for a the salvation of my household. I pray to see all of us, my nanay and tatay together with my 3 siblings go to church, surrender our lives to God, learn to depend on Him and grow to be the person God wants us to be. My nanay and I are entrusting all these to God, just like how He showed His favour to us, we pray that our family will know Him personally and allow Him to move in each ones lives.

3. Build my own family and have kids
- Though I enjoy the freedom of singlehood (in fact I celebrated more than a decade of singleness) I do desire to settle with the person God has destined for me, have kids and build a home. But you don't just want to be married, you want to be happily married. So even if it takes a while I'm positive it's all gonna be worth the wait...

4. Buy my own house and furnitures
- By God's grace I got one in Marilao, Bulacan where I let my folks stay. Now it's saving time for the furniture :D .

5. Put up a business
- Real state, clothing or food business maybe, still haven't decided for the details yet.

6. Write a book
- Writing has been a frustration to me, I have so many thoughts in mind which I can't put into words, that's the reason I have this blog ;)

7. Teach
- I love kids (they're like stimulants to me)... I love Sundays... I love to observe and talk to our sunday schoolers... Though I'm not an academe teacher I can see myself fulfilling this passion in the future, and eventually tutor my own children(sounds fun to me:D)

8. Travel ^_^

** Explore Philippines!
     a. Luzon
        - Ilocos
        - Baguio
        - Sagada
        - Batanes
     b. Visayas
        - Cebu
        - Bohol
        - Palawan
     c. Mindanao
        - Davao

** Explore Asia
     - Hongkong (February, 2010)
     - Macau (February, 2010)
     - Singapore (August, 2012)
     - Cambodia (Siem Reap, Phnom Penh) (May, 2015)
     - Thailand (Bangkok) (April, 2015)
     - Malaysia (November, 2013)
     - Indonesia (August, 2014)
     - Vietnam (March, 2016)
     - Sri Lanka (March, 2018)
     - South Korea
     - China
     - Japan
     - Taiwan (April, 2018)

** Holy Land tour (May, 2016)
     - Israel
     - Egypt
     - Jordan

** Explore America (April, 2017)
     - California - Foster City, San Francisco
     - Nevada, Las Vegas
     - New York

** Explore Europe
     - Portugal
     - France
     - Spain
     - Germany
     - Austria
     - UK

** Steps of Paul tour (October, 2019)
     - Greece
     - Turkey
     - Italy

** Explore other parts of the world
     - Australia (May, 2017; February, 2018)
     - Dubai (May, 2016)
     - Abu Dhabi (May, 2016)
     - New Zealand

9. Cruise vacation

10. Bring mom to an out-of-the-country vacation :) all expense paid trip! She haven't been outside Philippines ever, so it'd be a great experience for her. She deserves it. Love you nay! 
- Singapore (August, 2013)
- Hong Kong (December, 2019)

11. Learn 2 new languages
- I have Mandarin and Spanish in mind...

12. Buy my own car and learn to drive
- I'd love to drive for my family going to places where we can bond and enjoy... During my youthful days, my parents tried their best to bring us to parks and zoos but in the expense of riding public vehicles. And believe me it's not easy commuting with 4 kids at hand, but they still did it.. I would love to return the favour to them now that I'm a young adult.

13. Learn to swim

14. Try scuba diving  (Tioman Island, Malaysia - May, 2016)

15. Sing and record an album

16. Try extreme sports
- Water rafting (September, 2016 @Ayung River, Indonesia)
- Bungee jump
- Skydive (May 01, 2017 @Rockingham, Australia)

17. Run full marathon
(Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore - December 4, 2016)

18. Be part of short/long-term missions abroad

19. Climb the highest mountain peaks in Asia
- Mount Kinabalu, Malaysia (February 5-6, 2019)
- Mount Jade, Taiwan
- Mount Apo, Philippines


I consider this a "live" post, I'll be updating this once in a while and highlight the items that I considered DONE all by God's grace.

Comments

Unknown said…
sing & record an albummm....i'll support ur dream sis, if u need back-up singers dito kami ni mhalyn for u :-)

Popular Posts